The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Brokerage Operations Professional Certificate: Online
This course will provide you with the baseline knowledge of the entire trade lifecycle from the point of execution to clearance and settlement.
CPE Credits: 20 - The complete list of CPE courses can be found here.
Program Details (NASBA) View
||No advance preparation required.
|Recent Revision Date
||February 6, 2017
|Instructional Delivery Method
||QAS Self Study
|Field of Study
Click here to preview course
Learn now pay later with
To make it even easier to learn, you can finance your program through Affirm.
Loans offered through Affirm are available in the U.S. and Canada.
Easy monthly payments
Pay your monthly bill using a bank transfer, check, or debit card.
Duration : 4 Hours
Brokerage Operations: Overview
Type of Accounts
Customer Identification Program
Types of Issues
The Players of the Financial Community
Duration : 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Introduction to the Marketplace
A Timeline of the U.S. Equity Market
Over the Counter Market
Order Management System
The New Order Trading Process
Bond Secondary Markets: Discussion
Duration : 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Trade Processing Function
Trade Confirmation Contents
Duration : 45 Minutes
Introduction to Clearing Corporation
NSCC and Most Other Clearing Corps
Option Clearing Corporation
Government Security Division of FICC
Duration : 3 Hours
Trade Processing Function
Settlement Financing Tools
Duration : 1 Hour
Introduction to Custody and Asset Servicing
Duration : 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Duration : 30 Minutes
Introduction to Cash and Brokerage Accounting
Duration : 1 Hour
Introduction to Stock Record
Duration : 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Introduction to General Ledger
FOCUS- Financial and Operational Combined Uniform Standard
Supplement eLearning Courses
Duration : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Identify the key roles of Brokerage Operations.
- Recognize the different types of accounts.
- Recognize the key tasks a client is required to perform in Brokerage Operations.
- Identify the salient features of the Customer Identification Program.
- Recognize the differences between the main types of securities in Brokerage Operations.
- Recognize the main characteristics of the various types of Issues.
- List the key components of the Security Reference File.
- Recognize the key roles of the various players within the Financial Community.
- Recognize the characteristics of the marketplace to settle and clear instruments and how it interacts with the operation process.
- Trace the evolution of the U.S Equity Market.
- Identify the difference between Dark Pools and ECNs.
- Recognize the functions of an Order Management System in the Equity Markets.
- Identify the various ways to operate a Bond Secondary Market.
- Identify the steps to process a trade.
- Identify the components of the trade processing cycle.
- Recognize the definition of clearing corporations and identify their role.
- Recognize the definition of NSCC and other clearing corporations.
- Identify the steps involved in the workings of Option Clearing Corporation (OCC).
- Identify the steps involved in the workings of Mortgage Backed
- Securities Clearing.
- Identify the responsibilities of the Purchase and Sales Department.
- Recognize the definition of Fail Control.
- Identify the causes of Fail Control.
- Recognize the steps involved in the working of the buy in process.
- Recognize the different types of financing tools.
- Identify where securities are located for custody and asset servicing.
- List the two forms using which registration of the client securities can be maintained.
- Recognize the process to transfer securities.
- Recognize the definition of a Beneficial Owner.
- Recognize the role of operational groups in the calculation of margins in customer accounts.
- List the three components of an equities market account.
- Identify the difference between a cash account and a margin account.
- Recognize the definition of a Special Memorandum Account.
- List the 3 types of calls a firm can issue.
- Recognize the definition of a Short Sale.
- Compute Option Margin.
- Recognize the purpose for Accounting and Brokerage Accounting.
- List the 5 categories of Accounting.
- Identify the definition of the Profit and Loss Statement.
- List the four categories of accounts in a brokerage operation.
- Recognize the two primary records kept in a brokerage firm.
- List the 3 ranges of accounts for a stock record.
- Recognize the purpose of the general ledger.
- Recognize the definition of the FOCUS Report.
- List the contents of the general ledger.
Securities Industry Professionals, Traders and Support Staff, Operations and Systems Staff, Research Analysts, Auditors