Young Equity Analyst Program Summer - 2023
The Young Equity Analyst (YEA) Program of the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF) is a hands-on practical learning program for stock analysis, trading and related financial and investment education.
- Learn how the ups and downs of the economy affect industries differently
- Start with a basic understanding of important financial statements and ratios
- Analyze world-renowned companies such as Facebook, Netflix, Nike, Chipotle, or Tesla by understanding exactly how they make money
- With our step-by-step model templates, we practice forecasting future sales growth, profits, expenses, and cash flow
- Be an amazing stock detective through our stock research methods and by asking the right questions in your investigations.
- NYIF Young Equity Analyst (YEA) Certificate
- Reference letter from NYIF after graduating from the program
- Present your completed financial model/analysis to a future employer!
- Qualify for YFS Advanced and get invited to gain volunteer experience in the non-profit Global PAI Project
- Become NYIF Young Alumni with access to a network of international professionals/alumni of top US universities
- Be eligible for various NYIF scholarships
- Understand four most important drivers of the economy
- Learn which industries perform better or worse during different market and business cycles
- Study how businesses frameworks, such as SWOT, are used to analyze competition and barriers to entry which Warren Buffet refers to as moats
- Learn to decipher financial statements such as income statements and balance sheets
- Understand why cash flow is as important as location in real estate
- Using ratios, compare sales growth, profitability, and efficiency with real-time examples across various industries
- Case studies may include Apple, Nike, Nintendo, Netflix, Snapchat
- Review calculations of future and present value of cash flows
- Contrast the cost of raising money to expand companies with stock vs. debt
- Analyze how to use US government bonds to calculate expected stock returns of different companies with CAPM and WACC equations
- Case studies may include technology, staples, and Disney
- Learn Free Cash Flow equations
- Input your assumptions into our step-by-step Free Cash Flow to the Firm (FCFF) financial model to calculate your fair value for stocks
- Case Studies may include Amazon, Facebook, Google, Jetblue, Starbucks, Tesla, and more
- Learn techniques to forecast financial statements.
- Explore specific industry metrics, company history, and research current trends to forecast future sales, profits, and expenses
- Generate your own ideas using our research analyst techniques
- Perform your own research to make money