Wall Street Stock Market & Investment Experience 2023 Summer Teen Program
Program Dates: July 9 - July 22, 2023
Location: New York, NY
Whether you are interested in trading, wealth management, venture capital, hedge funds, private equity, cryptocurrency/blockchain, or understanding financial statements, you will find the New York Institute of Finance (NYIF) instructors passionate about what they do and eager to share their industry knowledge with you – the next generation of finance industry professionals.
NYIF and Westcoast Connection Teen Summer Programs have collaborated in New York City to provide you with an unparalleled financial educational experience for high school students. You will learn the ins and outs of the financial sector and be inspired by top industry professionals through engaging sessions, collaborative projects, and all of the excitement of New York City. Every participant will leave NY with lifelong friendships, fond memories, practical insights, and knowledge of the career choices available in finance.
Taught by instructors with decades of experience on Wall Street, this 2-week immersive program equips high school level students with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a degree in business or finance.
Learn more about the program here >
Duration : 1 Week
- Students will be grouped into small teams and meet with NYIF mentors to create a “pitch” presentation to raise money from a Venture Capital Fund.
- Generate ideas for a sustainable business.
- Formulate a business plan highlighting sustainable business practices.
- Present to an expert panel to access funding needs for your business.
Duration : 1 Week
- Students will be grouped into small teams and will assume the role of equity analysts researching and selecting stocks to develop a winning portfolio.
- Pre-screen around 10 companies’ stocks.
- Evaluate each company in detail.
- Develop a portfolio of up to 3 stocks.
- Present findings and recommendations as a portfolio pitch to NYIF experts and the group.