The Nature of Money
This module discusses money, exploring its properties and functions. We'll be tracing the historical development of the barter economy, fiat money, and the gold standard. That includes both its benefits and drawbacks. This course replicates the content from module 1 of the course Money and Banking.
CPE Credits: 1
Program Details (NASBA) View
|Prerequisites||This course has no prerequisites.|
|Advance Preparation||No advance preparation required.|
|Recent Revision Date||April 20, 2015|
|Instructional Delivery Method||QAS Self Study|
|Field of Study||Specialized Knowledge and Applications|
Duration : 1 hour
- Recognize the functions and properties of money
- Distinguish between monetary and non-monetary economic systems
- List the benefits and drawbacks of the gold standard
- Identify the principal elements of five theories of economic growth.
- Contrast the various approaches to predicting economic fluctuations.