Financial Acumen for Managers
Financial acumen has developed into a core competency for success in today's increasingly sophisticated business world. This course is designed to quickly provide managing directors, division managers, operations managers and nonfinancial professionals with the financial skills they need to gain competitive advantage. Participants will learn how to analyze financial information to quickly spot strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improving financial performance.
The course begins with an overview of accounting and financial reporting, transitions into marginal revenue & marginal cost analysis, and concludes with strategies for enhancing profitability and shareholder value.
This course provides an excellent opportunity to share experiences and discover best practices in finance. Teaching methods employed include group discussions of financial issues currently in the news, short examples, and detailed case problems for analysis and decision making.
Managing directors, division managers, operations managers, senior advisors, consultants, human resources managers, technology managers, and others responsible for managing corporate financial resources.
Students will be able to:
- Understand key accounting & financial concepts
- Read & evaluate a company's financial statements
- Assess a company's financial performance
- Communicate more effectively with finance professionals
- Identify the key cost drivers that affect your business
- Analyze cost behavior to make better business decisions
- Prepare more accurate operational budgets
- Identify the underlying cause of budget variances
- Prepare more accurate capital budgets
- Make better capital budgeting decisions
- Develop strategies to mazimize shareholder value
- Develop a personal action plan for financial goals
Module 1 - Understanding Financial Statements
Module 2 - Analyzing Financial Statements
Module 3 - Understanding Cost Behavior
Module 4 - Cost Analysis & Decision Making
Module 5 - Budget Preparation & Analysis
Module 6 - Capital Budgeting & Decision Making
Module 7 - Maximizing Shareholder Value
Module 8 - Summary & Conclusion
CPE Credits 21
No advance preparation required.
This course has no prerequisites.